The Other Door – Viroqua
The Other Door is Family & Children’s Center’s drop-in center located in Vernon County. The Other Door provides peer-to-peer support and education related to mental health and substance use recovery. It’s a safe place to hang out for anyone who needs it, offering an escape from stress, loneliness or boredom–the drop-in center offers nonjudmental fellowship and support at The Other Door..
Socialization and activities are encouraged through various groups offered, as well as, Friday Night meals, computer room, meditation room, art room, recreation area with indoor and outdoor games and exercise equipment, and holiday events. The Other Door can be considered a “first step” and is a perfect place for people beginning to rebuild their lives as they move into recovery and beyond.
The Other Door invites community members to provide enhanced experiences such as pet therapy, art classes, meditation classes and computer skills training. In addition, the staff at The Other Door provide meeting rooms for mental health recovery and 12-step groups that provide for anonymity and privacy.
The Other Door groups include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Sunday-Thursday at 7 p.m.; Saturday at Noon
- Narcotics Anonymous – Friday at 7 p.m.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Family member support group – First Mondayof the month at 6 p.m.
- Recovery Through Sharing group – Monday at 6 p.m. for persons who experience mental health issues
The Other Door is located at Family & Children’s Center in Viroqua.